Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting closer

I don't know what it is lately, but all my projects are fighting back. I'm winning in the end, but not without having to sweat a bit more than I'd like.

The red-white-and-navy blouse was thinking about cooperating yesterday, but I decided to let it rest and made the coordinating skirt instead. The two fabrics together are kind of scary, but the good kind.

Not much sewing today - Mario and I took the train up to visit my aunt, had lunch, painted her railings and mailbox, listened to her talk about my mom (they couldn't stand each other when Mom was alive, but she was accorded automatic sainthood upon her death), and then took the train home again.

All of which made me so tired I took a 2 hour nap before I could face doing anything.

The blouse gave in tonight and decided to behave. I did the hem and the bias binding on the edge of the facings and the neck. Yes, bias binding. Normally I hate making bias binding, but for some reason this time it wanted to be made and I didn't argue. It seemed to make the fabric happy.

I had enough sense to realize that attempting buttons and buttonholes tonight would be a major mistake. I also haven't done the topstitching along the front yet, but tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Let's hear it for naps.

Anonymous said...

Cute top! I loved your observation on sainthood after death; I think a few of my relatives are recipients of such accords. :)

Kat said...

I like the collar with this print. Have this top ready for the 4th of July 2010!