Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Go West Craft Fest

 
I attended the Go West Craft Fest last October, and really enjoyed it.  They had a great selection of vendors - something literally for every taste, and good pricing (affordable for shoppers but still allowing the crafters to take home something resembling a profit).  

This year, I'm excited to say that Useful & Beautiful . . . handmade will be one of the participating vendors!

I'm really excited about the opportunity.  Saturday afternoon, in a totally un-springlike snow/sleet/whatever mix, I made my way up to the local craft/consignment store run by the superwoman who also organizes the craft fair.  I was going in to pay for my space and also to collect a few baby dresses I had at the shop.  They'd been there for a while and I was going to take them back to add to my stock for the craft show and replace them with new stock when it was over. 

I got a very pleasant surprise when I went in - 5 of the 6 pieces had sold, so instead of owing her money, I walked home again with some extra in my pocket.  Suddenly the snow and sleet didn't seem so bothersome.

Now, however, I really need to get cracking.  I thought I'd have an extra half-dozen items in the kids' wear section, and now I don't.  Oh, well - if it's worth doing, it's worth doing at the last minute.  The craft fair is April 20th - you know my machine will be running all night on the 19th!

No comments: