Monday, April 1, 2013

Leap



Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.

I saw that recently on Facebook, where we get all our pithy sayings and wisdom these days.

It fits, though. As of last Friday, I've begun a two week countdown to my last day at (hopefully) my last job.  Or at least my last office job.

I've made things all my life, for little or no money, because no one ever seems to want to pay what my time is worth. Why am I so much more valuable sitting in a cubicle typing than I am when I'm using my hands and my brain and my creativity to make something?

I'm not complaining.  For the last few years, I've been selling some of my handmade items at a local shop and some local craft shows, and I'm in a larger show this year that I'm very excited about.  And that's been accomplished while treating my crafting as a part-time, several nights a week evening job.

So this is my challenge: what can I do with this business, this thing that I do, if I treat it like real job?

Stay tuned.

No comments: