Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Working in reverse

I recently finished these two embroidery motifs.

Actually, I finished the peace sign made of leaves a few weeks back, and this afternoon, while wandering through Facebook instead of doing the sewing I should have been, I finished the tree motif.

Maybe I should start planning what these things want to be before I start embroidering them?  You think?


I'm assuming at this point that I'll piece around them and make a few more pillow covers.  They aren't selling as well as I would like, but I really, really like making them, and that has to count, doesn't it?  The right someone will come along soon and fall in love with embroidery, random patchwork and the idea of pretty soft things in their homes.

At least I hope they will.

The tree motif actually went really quickly, being only two colors.  The peace sign took longer, since I was using 4 or 5 different shades of green and doing all the leaves of one color, then switching off to another color.

I do have a lot of earth-tone and neutral scraps in the back, along with a few more vivid greens and maybe one bright floral just to jazz things up.  Maybe I need to go in the workroom and just lay fabrics out and see what happens.

And maybe I'm just procrastinating because I have 41 plaid flannel Christmas stockings sitting on my table, constructed, backed and pressed, waiting to be embellished.

Procrastination is my friend.

No comments: