Sunday, June 16, 2013

30th Street Craft Market - Another Show Down

Tent setup - bears front and center
After a week of the most unpleasant weather Philadelphia has to offer (rainy, hot, humid, rainy again, repeat), Saturday dawned bright and clear with no rain in the forecast.

We got to the Porch, a new outdoor gathering area outside Philadelphia's 30th Street Station, around 9:30 a.m.  I was a little nervous about setup as we hadn't test driven my new tent - not having a 10x10 space in which to do it, unless I emptied the dining room.

The tent turned out to be ridiculously easy, and the rest of the setup went smoothly as well.  I was sharing the tent with my friend, Charlene, who makes wonderful one-of-a-kind jewelry sold here.

I thought we would make a pretty good team as we don't make anything that competes with each other, but all our pieces are handmade, recycled and very colorful.  It must have been a good theory, because our tent had steady traffic all day between one or both of us, to the point that other vendors stopped by to see what we were selling!

Me and Charlene
I didn't sell as much as I would have liked (but really, do we ever?) but the table fee was paid before the sale was even officially open, so I felt like that was a good way to start the day.

Three teddy bears, two embroidered pillow covers, a few pieces from the discount bin (discontinued patterns from last year), a few potholders and two baby dresses (with an order for a third).

Five hours in the sun, one slight sunburn (I'm looking a little rosy in the photo, and that wasn't the end of the day) and a decent take, along with the inspiration to come home and make more.

Just not yet.  I woke up today feeling like my tent fell on me, and my sunburn hurts.

More later.

No comments: