Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday with Friends: Amy LaRoux

I have something a little different for you this week.  After two consecutive Fridays of fabulous jewelry, we've got ourselves a fiber artist in the house!

Amy LaRoux is a fellow Philadelphian and member of the Handmade Philly team on Etsy, and I've been a fan of her gorgeous knitted creations since I first saw them on Facebook.

I suffer from fear of yarn (or rather fear of yarn stash), so I've never learned to crochet or knit, but looking at Amy's work really makes me wish I knew how.

Her pieces range from cowls, shrugs and cardigans to accessories and tank tops, made from alpaca, mohair, angora and every other fiber under the sun, apparently.

There's just something so delicious about luxurious yarn -- you just want to reach into these pictures and pet the pieces, and then put them on.

And you can:  Amy's Etsy shop is right here!

No comments: