Wednesday, February 26, 2014

On the road to recovery

Lily, my sewing assistant, is feeling more like herself.

I took her to my regular vet for a follow-up after she was done the meds given to her at the hospital. The vet did urine and blood work to see how she was doing.

According to the tests, her urinary tract infection was completely clear, but we're continuing with the antibiotic just to be certain -- an infection could get a strong hold in an older cat.  Her blood test showed that she's suffering from mild hyperthyroidism, which explains why she eats like a fullback but is built like a bundle of twigs in a fur coat.  Her metabolism isn't processing her food correctly so those calories aren't sticking to her bones.

I picked up a new prescription for her today, which she'll be on for the rest of her life if it looks like it helps.  It's only half a tiny pill per day, so I can sneak it into her food with hopefully no issues.

And when Lily feels better, I feel better.  Plus, spring might actually be on the way.  I saw dirt in my back yard this week.

No comments: