Friday, February 6, 2015

Anti-Winter


It's cold and bleak almost everywhere, and I think the lack of sunlight and color is as draining to me as the bone-chilling cold outside.  This morning it was 15 degrees when I went out to feed Bonnie at 7 a.m.; now, four hours later, it's still only 22, and I don't think it's going much higher.

So, I give you  . . .  lilies.  These aren't from my garden, but somewhere in my neighborhood.  I remember being out for a walk last year and being drawn across the street by the scent from these blooms.  If you look really hard, maybe you can smell them too.

One thing I know for sure: when my lilac blooms this spring, I'm going to sit out on my back step under it every single day, inhaling that fragrance, and driving all thoughts of cold and bleak out of my mind.

2 comments:

Rhonda Buss said...

I love the snow and all the great outdoor opportunities that it offers, but I also do my best to bring a little spring indoors. The Orchid show is coming to our botanical garden and I can't wait!

Lisette M said...

I can smell them! Thanks!